No Wrong Door (NWD) Virginia is a person-centered system and statewide network of partners supporting older adults, caregivers, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and their families. It uses secure technology to link providers together, collaboratively supporting individuals and families seeking long-term services and supports. There is literally no wrong door to access the resources you need.
A national leader in supporting older adults, family caregivers, and individuals with disabilities of all ages, No Wrong Door Virginia provides valuable tools to strengthen communities and promote person-centered practices, empowering individuals to evaluate available options and make informed decisions. No Wrong Door Virginia also offers a person-centered portal, called Easy Access, where individuals can access information on a wide range of public programs and supports, as well as directly refer themselves to services through the NWD Direct Connect tool.
Person-centered options counseling (PC-OC) is an interactive decision support process, whereby individuals receive support in making LTSS choices in the context of their unique preferences, strengths, needs, values, and circumstances. PC-OC is provided by trained PC-OC counselors practicing according to Virginia’s Statewide Standards for PC-OC and may include care coordinators, transition coordinators, peer counselors, and others.
The VCU Partnership for People with Disabilities participates in the No Wrong Door Resource Advisory Council (RAC), supporting expansion and growth of person-centered practices and PC-OC across the Commonwealth.
- Collaborate with Virginia's No Wrong Door initiative to ensure person-centered options counselors have access to complete the annual training
- Participate in the No Wrong Door Resource Advisory Council (RAC), supporting expansion and growth of person-centered practices and PC-OC across the Commonwealth
- Design/establish training enhancements and tools for person-centered practices
- Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
NWD Trainer and Options Counseling Specialist